Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any chance for someone not from top med schools?
(03-29-2018, 12:21 AM)Guest Wrote: You might match at a declining program like Emory or duke

Can you elaborate more on why these programs are declining? Emory and Duke are solid names. Sorry, I am not sure if you were just joking or saying it in a tongue in cheek manner.  I apologies if I misunderstand.  But I am just so down and sad now that I want to see if there is now any realistic hope for me to fulfill my dream to be a neurosurgeo or any surgeon for that matter with my disappointing step 1 score.
You're getting trolled dude
(03-29-2018, 12:21 AM)Guest Wrote: You might match at a declining program like Emory or duke

Emory isn't declining except in spine. Duke has always been a solid program but hasn't ever been more than a research powerhouse. If Duke gets McDermott from UCSF then that's a game changer for that program.
(03-29-2018, 11:35 AM)Guest Wrote:

Emory isn't declining except in spine. Duke has always been a solid program but hasn't ever been more than a research powerhouse. If Duke gets McDermott from UCSF then that's a game changer for that program.

McDermott to duke? what a joke!!!
(03-29-2018, 09:06 AM)Guest Wrote:

Can you elaborate more on why these programs are declining? Emory and Duke are solid names. Sorry, I am not sure if you were just joking or saying it in a tongue in cheek manner.  I apologies if I misunderstand.  But I am just so down and sad now that I want to see if there is now any realistic hope for me to fulfill my dream to be a neurosurgeo or any surgeon for that matter with my disappointing step 1 score.

Duke is now accepting IMGs. Cannot match top 10 applicants. sad.
(07-02-2018, 07:29 PM)Guest Wrote:

more like that FMG they matched is a baller and can kick your butt academically! you are such a jealous prick
(07-03-2018, 04:06 PM)Guest Wrote:
(07-02-2018, 07:29 PM)Guest Wrote:

more like that FMG they matched is a baller and can kick your butt academically! you are such a jealous prick

Thanks, FMG they matched. Telling everyone you are a baller doesn't make it so.
Wow
I would understand if they were accepting a lot of FMGs
But just because they matched 1 FMG , they get labelled as a bad program ?

FMGs have to jump through 100s of hoops to get accepted. Only capable and highly determined/persistent candidates manage to match. Is this that hard to acknowledge and accept ?

grow up!
(07-04-2018, 07:38 AM)Guest Wrote: Wow
I would understand if they were accepting a lot of FMGs
But just because they matched 1 FMG , they get labelled as a bad program ?

FMGs have to jump through 100s of hoops to get accepted. Only  capable and highly determined/persistent candidates manage to match. Is this that hard to acknowledge and accept ?

grow up!

That may be but you can't deny that their overall culture and loss of residents over the years has turned off a lot of great applicants, which I think the other poster was getting at.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)