Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Return to NSG Plans
I want to send you some questions but you don’t have DMs enabled in your account -

Did you get any interviews when you attempted through the match?
That’s half a decade of your life just hoping. I would love to pursue that but would worry it’s wasted action. It seems that no matter what you do a black mark is career ending. I don’t know why. Some people learn and overcome with time. People have different stages in life.

It’s like a frat star who made C grades their first 2 years in college, but then grew up and started getting serious and made A the rest of time. He then wants to apply to law school. The student is forever blemished his whole academic career because of a past, but if you take away those past C grades, you need to look at the results of his last years in college...his As and showing how he learned and overcame. Some law schools might not take him because of the GPA, but some will see his trend and look at the overall growth. And it’s that “internal fire” of the people who learned later after a failure who succeed in life and become super successful. I’ve seen it multiple times in medicine, law, etc.

You just need someon on your side willing to take a risk on you and give you a second chance, but that’s the hard part...most are afraid to give you a second chance. What’s the worst that can happen to the program, they either win or you fail again finding the specialty really isn’t for you.
Not nearly.

A resident with issues is a huge hassle to deal with interpersonally, professionally, clinically, at different clinical sites, academically, etc.

It’s not just ‘taking a chance’ and seeing if it will work out. That is precisely what will not happen.

There are also dozens and dozens of foreign graduated attendings that are ready to slide in take the place, work hard and do the job, and can staff rooms
But what if the problem is not solely the resident but politics of a program? Again, residents in my program have graduated doing significantly worse things. Also there are unprofessional attending who don’t round on patients, make fun of residents or staff, hit on nurses etc.

It’s odd when At one site where a person worked most recently for a semester gave a Resident good recommendation without issues. It shows that one can succeed in a different environment...
Quick question team, thanks in advance for your help:
I have a CA license but will be starting at another program in august in another state, PGY3
Will I need to obtain the new state license first, or can I use the CA license to start and apply for the new state license once I start
Thanks for your opinions
Did you get a position pgy3? How did you do it please share. Licensing do it ASAP a program will work with you.
Do you mind telling us the region of this program, or the state
What I have come to realize is that the large group of seemingly heterogenous situations that people say are politics and professionalism related typically boil down to one thing - not understanding how to genuflect appropriately to the attendings and senior residents.

Clinical issues rarely if ever result in action, same even with professional issues as long as you genuflect
Honestly its kinda true. Life is about relationships. If you got a good one with your superiors, you may do shit wrong but they will have your back. Hell residency you are expected to get shit wrong, that is why it is training.
(05-20-2020, 11:13 AM)Guest Wrote: But what if the problem is not solely the resident but politics of a program?  Again, residents in my program have graduated doing significantly worse things.  Also there are unprofessional attending who don’t round on patients, make fun of residents or staff, hit on nurses etc.  

It’s odd when  At one site where a person worked most recently for a semester gave a Resident good recommendation without issues.  It shows that one can succeed in a different environment...

You just described every program in the country: politics, some attendings don't round on patients, residents getting made fun of, surgeons hitting on nurses.

If you didn't get along there you're unlikely to get along anywhere, which is likely why you were let go and won't get picked up. Just go into radiology, have an easy residency, do a neurorads fellowship, pick up a hobby.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)