Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview Invites 2020-21
(03-17-2021, 01:46 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 12:53 PM)Guest Wrote: Excited to find out where the next 7+ years of my life will be spent. I know it's impossible to say, but do applicants typically match at one of their top 5 institutions or is there incredible variability? Looking forward to all of the anecdotal evidence that will follow.

https://mk0nrmp3oyqui6wqfm.kinstacdn.com...2020-1.pdf

p 48

46.3% of matched US MD seniors match at their first choice, 71.1% within their top three

Yeah but thats averaged across all specialties. I'm sure that number is lower in NSGY given the small residency cohorts
(03-17-2021, 01:59 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 01:46 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 12:53 PM)Guest Wrote: Excited to find out where the next 7+ years of my life will be spent. I know it's impossible to say, but do applicants typically match at one of their top 5 institutions or is there incredible variability? Looking forward to all of the anecdotal evidence that will follow.

https://mk0nrmp3oyqui6wqfm.kinstacdn.com...2020-1.pdf

p 48

46.3% of matched US MD seniors match at their first choice, 71.1% within their top three

Yeah but thats averaged across all specialties. I'm sure that number is lower in NSGY given the small residency cohorts

NSG programs needed to rank 4.1 applicants per spot in 2020. The average matching applicants interviewed at ~15-20 places (2020), that equates to 4-5 positions on average in terms of rank-list spots (assuming they get ranked everywhere). Some people will perform better and some worse. Some people will interview and not match and more ppl probably match at their #1 then 2 or 3, but I think it's safe to assume the average applicants matches around #5 on their list or lower. Its not going to be a normal distribution.

That being said, the residents at my home program seem equally happy/successful regardless of whether it was their top choice or they slid down to it. This is really just neurotic intellectual masturbation

Less than 48 hours. Sling back some guiness and stay strong
When do the programs find out who they've matched? Do applicants and programs find out on the same day?
(03-18-2021, 10:25 AM)Guest Wrote: When do the programs find out who they've matched? Do applicants and programs find out on the same day?

I've heard they find out today
(03-18-2021, 10:37 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 10:25 AM)Guest Wrote: When do the programs find out who they've matched? Do applicants and programs find out on the same day?

Today at 3PM ET
(03-18-2021, 10:38 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-18-2021, 10:37 AM)Guest Wrote:

Today at 3PM ET

Never heard this before. I’ve heard they find out at 9 AM or so tomorrow
Programs do not find out today, the medical school administration does (and what they do with that information is up to them)
GuestPrograms do not find out today, the medical school administration does (and what they do with that information is up to them)

Check the NRMP schedule. They find out at 3pm.
Why would the administration not be able to tell us? Why make us suffer needlessly?
(03-18-2021, 12:52 PM)Guest Wrote: Why would the administration not be able to tell us? Why make us suffer needlessly?

If you are lucky it would be only the beginning of years of suffering...

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)