Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
** 2021-2022 Cycle Thread ** - good luck y'all!
(03-31-2021, 10:50 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 11:52 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 11:17 AM)Guest Wrote: Forewarning - Neurosurgery hub is not the place to be if you like positivity. But I'll still try to contribute to help change that.

I liked fundamentals of neurosurgery and essential neurosurgery for medical students as far as gaining some general knowledge. Greenberg is not good as broad prep material and should rather be used as a reference for questions and prep about specific topics/cases, imo.

To build on this, I recently started the Dura Deck and I wish I’d done it prior to my sub-I. It does a great job with the basics and commonly asked questions

Where is the deck? Couldn’t find it on Anki.

There's a thread here somewhere
(03-31-2021, 12:00 PM)Guest Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 10:50 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 11:52 AM)Guest Wrote:
(03-29-2021, 11:17 AM)Guest Wrote: Forewarning - Neurosurgery hub is not the place to be if you like positivity. But I'll still try to contribute to help change that.

I liked fundamentals of neurosurgery and essential neurosurgery for medical students as far as gaining some general knowledge. Greenberg is not good as broad prep material and should rather be used as a reference for questions and prep about specific topics/cases, imo.

To build on this, I recently started the Dura Deck and I wish I’d done it prior to my sub-I. It does a great job with the basics and commonly asked questions

Where is the deck? Couldn’t find it on Anki.

There's a thread here somewhere

Here it is:
http://neurosurgeryhub.org/showthread.php?tid=2055
any word on how many letters of rec will be required for this cycle given that there is only one away?
seungri

[url=https://apnews.com/press-release/send2press/technology-business-corporate-news-products-and-services-data-management-8383c5043f5d3b0a59181cdb2cfe91aa]

singapore newswonho
^ would also like to know how letters of rec will work this year.
(04-01-2021, 10:08 PM)Guest Wrote: any word on how many letters of rec will be required for this cycle given that there is only one away?

my guess would still be 4, maybe 3 though
(04-02-2021, 02:25 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 10:08 PM)Guest Wrote: any word on how many letters of rec will be required for this cycle given that there is only one away?

was it 3 home neurosurg + 1 gen surg for this year?
(04-02-2021, 03:18 PM)Guest Wrote:

Yes, unless you had no home program, in which case you got letters from the outside program you rotated at. The other exception was if you had a pre-existing (i.e., pre-COVID) relationship elsewhere (e.g., you did your PhD with somebody at another institution) or had failed to match the previous year [and consequently had old letters from you sub-I's during the previous cycle).
(04-02-2021, 04:11 PM)Guest Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 03:18 PM)Guest Wrote:

Yes, unless you had no home program, in which case you got letters from the outside program you rotated at. The other exception was if you had a pre-existing (i.e., pre-COVID) relationship elsewhere (e.g., you did your PhD with somebody at another institution) or had failed to match the previous year [and consequently had old letters from you sub-I's during the previous cycle).

The SNS will likely release a statement about expectations for aways and LORs like they did last year. They sent out a survey to this cycle's applicants and will hopefully take feedback about what to keep and get rid of for the upcoming year. No one will know until they make the announcement. With ERAS extended until the end of September this year, it's possible they give the ok to fit in two aways (August and September). Their goal is to make the process equitable and ensure everyone is entering the cycle with the same opportunities as everyone else. We just have to wait and see.
They should send survey to this years applicants as well

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)