Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former neurosurgery resident sues MU Medical School for $50 million
(07-08-2018, 05:48 PM)Focus Wrote: I am not condoning behavior but law suits are meant to shed the worst light on the accused. I  would be interested in he context of what happened. For example has the resident told the pd the wrong side and he had taken his word for it. was it emergent etc

I would say if this was the experience of a single resident who was fired we shouldn't be quick to judge, but it sounds like multiple people have transferred from the program for similar reasons and the PD's abhorrent behavior is widely known. So i'm personally not inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.
It seems like this program has a track record of not being able to graduate its original trainees. Most of the recent graduates are transfers from other programs.
Very interesting. The "belittling" parts aren't that impressive. Every attending has more horrific stories of belittling that that. However, the "being fired" part is a relic of the past, if the resident didn't do anything egregious. Too bad they couldn't work things out, even find a more suitable position, if this resident was truly a poor surgeon.
(07-09-2018, 01:22 PM)Guest Wrote: It seems like this program has a track record of not being able to graduate its original trainees. Most of the recent graduates are transfers from other programs.

Why do they have a resident from Stanford?
go email and ask him
Research year > Missouri

That PD sounds like a fuckweasel.
So Who operated on the wrong side? The attending or resident
Given the context of the lawsuit and phrasing of the sentence - it sounds like resident pointed out an error the attending made and was ridiculed for the timing of such
For what it is worth, this lawsuit was dismissed with no settlement.
Sad 
(09-10-2019, 08:12 AM)Guest Wrote: For what it is worth, this lawsuit was dismissed with no settlement.

Source?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)