Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best overall program based on volume, location, faculty, etc.
(01-22-2022, 01:37 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 04:13 AM)Guest Wrote: wondering what you guys think about marriage/family prospects? I know that finding a decent girl in NYC or LA or Chicago is next to impossible, they all have like 20 past partners--no thanks. Finding a conservative housewife is much easier in a rural area, and raising a large conservative family is much easier in a rural area. I guess if you like to eat rare sushi and watch degenerate musicals, rural programs might not be for you; but if you enjoy a traditional family life and want to make a real difference helping the underserved--as opposed to competing for rich patients--the choice is clear.

False. Plenty of "decent" prospects in big cities. Far more than in smaller cities in fact. Do agree that raising a family is harder in a larger city though.

Just date another doctor or professional in law/business/real estate.
(01-22-2022, 11:20 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 08:23 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 04:13 AM)Guest Wrote: wondering what you guys think about marriage/family prospects? I know that finding a decent girl in NYC or LA or Chicago is next to impossible, they all have like 20 past partners--no thanks. Finding a conservative housewife is much easier in a rural area, and raising a large conservative family is much easier in a rural area. I guess if you like to eat rare sushi and watch degenerate musicals, rural programs might not be for you; but if you enjoy a traditional family life and want to make a real difference helping the underserved--as opposed to competing for rich patients--the choice is clear.

It depends on what you want. I would probably double that number of ex-partners for the hooker club mentality in college nowadays. You are talking about 5 or so partners/one night stands from age 13 to 18, then add 15-20 for college and 5 or so one night stands if she went to post-grad/med school. She might cus more and less conservative but she would be a good person to introduce people too who knows how and what to talk.

On the other hand, rural girls might be more interested in raising a family and had fewer ex-partners (still more than 10 guys or so) but her main her main culture is beer, tarts, fried chicken, crawfish and cheese curds. Would not be pleasant to introduce to other people from high class. On a personal note, most of the neurosurgeons I have met are not coming from high class themselves and survived marriage without divorce their wives are undereducated, country girls, nurses or social workers.

PS: I am not excluding dudes from hooker club mentality. They also tend to jump on nurses during medical school and residency too..

Good points here. I don't know about your guys, but for me the ideal female would be someone who saves herself for marriage. This allows the formation of a special bond and research has shown that you form the special bond with the person you lose your virginity to. This is a scientific fact. So if your wife loses her virginity to you, she is much less likely to cheat or divorce (I believe around 70% of marriages involve wife infidelity or divorce). 

Believe it or not, you can still find those girls in the rural areas. If you marry one of those "hooker club" types--not my words--you are basically guaranteed a divorce

In my opinion, training at a slightly less prestigious program--provided not malignant, mind you--is better if you are a family man and want to live the straight life.

Seems you are talking about virginity here. Do you understand that all girls/guys who went to college in this country have had at least 15 or so partners and lost their virginity at age of 13 or so? The only exception is probably those coming from particular religious groups. Nowadays if a girl tells you she is a virgin then it’s a red flag
(01-23-2022, 11:38 AM)Guest Wrote:

It depends on what you want. I would probably double that number of ex-partners for the hooker club mentality in college nowadays. You are talking about 5 or so partners/one night stands from age 13 to 18, then add 15-20 for college and 5 or so one night stands if she went to post-grad/med school. She might cus more and less conservative but she would be a good person to introduce people too who knows how and what to talk.

On the other hand, rural girls might be more interested in raising a family and had fewer ex-partners (still more than 10 guys or so) but her main her main culture is beer, tarts, fried chicken, crawfish and cheese curds. Would not be pleasant to introduce to other people from high class. On a personal note, most of the neurosurgeons I have met are not coming from high class themselves and survived marriage without divorce their wives are undereducated, country girls, nurses or social workers.

PS: I am not excluding dudes from hooker club mentality. They also tend to jump on nurses during medical school and residency too..

Good points here. I don't know about your guys, but for me the ideal female would be someone who saves herself for marriage. This allows the formation of a special bond and research has shown that you form the special bond with the person you lose your virginity to. This is a scientific fact. So if your wife loses her virginity to you, she is much less likely to cheat or divorce (I believe around 70% of marriages involve wife infidelity or divorce). 

Believe it or not, you can still find those girls in the rural areas. If you marry one of those "hooker club" types--not my words--you are basically guaranteed a divorce

In my opinion, training at a slightly less prestigious program--provided not malignant, mind you--is better if you are a family man and want to live the straight life.

Seems you are talking about virginity here. Do you understand that all girls/guys who went to college in this country have had at least 15 or so partners and lost their virginity at age of 13 or so? The only exception is probably those coming from particular religious groups. Nowadays if a girl tells you she is a virgin then it’s a red flag

I know several women who are virgins, but as you note, they are all from religious or ethnic groups. I know that such religious types are much easier to find in rural areas and they tend to be less educated of course and likely homeschooled.

Why would you call it a red flag? It has been proven--scientific evidence--that when you are a virgin you form a special bond. So if you just marry a college grad with 15+ partners she will always be comparing you and will just cheat (as in over 70% of marriages). 

So I guess if I had a choice:

Rural but less prestigious but you can have a traditional wife and family 

VS

Urban and more prestigious but you have to pay alimony to someone who cheats on you. 

The choice is clear to me.
(01-23-2022, 12:53 PM)Guest Wrote:

I know several women who are virgins, but as you note, they are all from religious or ethnic groups. I know that such religious types are much easier to find in rural areas and they tend to be less educated of course and likely homeschooled.

Why would you call it a red flag? It has been proven--scientific evidence--that when you are a virgin you form a special bond. So if you just marry a college grad with 15+ partners she will always be comparing you and will just cheat (as in over 70% of marriages). 

VS

Urban and more prestigious but you have to pay alimony to someone who cheats on you. 

You keep repeating scientific evidence. List those research studies.
(01-23-2022, 04:55 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 08:23 PM)Guest Wrote: It depends on what you want. I would probably double that number of ex-partners for the hooker club mentality in college nowadays. You are talking about 5 or so partners/one night stands from age 13 to 18, then add 15-20 for college and 5 or so one night stands if she went to post-grad/med school. She might cus more and less conservative but she would be a good person to introduce people too who knows how and what to talk.

VS

They won't. This is some incel troll shit that the mods are ok with leaving up to represent the field.
(01-23-2022, 05:42 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-22-2022, 11:20 PM)Guest Wrote: Good points here. I don't know about your guys, but for me the ideal female would be someone who saves herself for marriage. This allows the formation of a special bond and research has shown that you form the special bond with the person you lose your virginity to. This is a scientific fact. So if your wife loses her virginity to you, she is much less likely to cheat or divorce (I believe around 70% of marriages involve wife infidelity or divorce). 

VS

They won't. This is some incel troll shit that the mods are ok with leaving up to represent the field.

https://www.bustle.com/wellness/why-you-...f%20others.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/colle...first-love

https://www.yourtango.com/2018309535/how...ng-of-love

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle...ships-love

https://themindsjournal.com/the-impact-o...tionships/

https://www.psychreg.org/first-love/#:~:...f%20others.

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/why-is-gett...n-19281045
(01-23-2022, 06:16 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-23-2022, 05:42 PM)Guest Wrote:
(01-23-2022, 11:38 AM)Guest Wrote: Seems you are talking about virginity here. Do you understand that all girls/guys who went to college in this country have had at least 15 or so partners and lost their virginity at age of 13 or so? The only exception is probably those coming from particular religious groups. Nowadays if a girl tells you she is a virgin then it’s a red flag

VS

https://www.bustle.com/wellness/why-you-...f%20others.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/colle...first-love

https://www.yourtango.com/2018309535/how...ng-of-love

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle...ships-love

https://themindsjournal.com/the-impact-o...tionships/

https://www.psychreg.org/first-love/#:~:...f%20others.

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/why-is-gett...n-19281045

1st source from bustle.com quotes anecdotes from a clinical psychologist, a cognitive behavioral coach for couples, and a "principal practitioner and owner of Christian Counseling Austin". Some science to be found, e.g. oxytocin release during sex, but no rigorous studies to support the claim that virgins are less likely to cheat/divorce you because of the very special bond of your first time lol. The article even states that the person you lose your virginity to does not equate to the only person you will ever love.

2nd source is just a collecting of stories/anecdotes... was there something in particular within this collection you wanted to draw attention to?

3rd source from yourtango.com again is much like the 1st source. Quotes about theories of what "1st loves" represent for personal growth re: individuals' understanding of themselves and relationships but no studies supporting the claim by OP... (curious, I'm sensing a pattern here). 

4th source is a book review by the Gaurdian which if anything suggests that inappropriate expectation setting is what sets you up for failure. "If you judge adult relationships against your first relationship, you are using a single benchmark: that of an intense and unrealistic passion," she said. "Adult relationships need all sorts of other virtues to survive, many of which are not compatible with that level of intensity. For example, you might have felt passionate about your first love because their spontaneity was breathtakingly exciting." 

5th source isn't even a study lol. It's talking about "gems" we can take away from our first love to help us grow as people (I'm being smothered by science ROFL).

6th source again is much like the rest. Was the gotcha supposed to be this hard-hitting science fact that "your first love affects all your relationships after" per a matchmaker and founder of Luxury Matchmaking?

7th source is just as tedious and life-style as the rest.

Great science guy!

Believe it or not, you can still find those girls in the rural areas. If you marry one of those "hooker club" types--not my words--you are basically guaranteed a divorce. 

All the incels and r/niceguys are out tonight.
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archi...ss/573493/

https://www.focusonthefamily.com/marriag...f-divorce/

I'm sure you can look and pinpoint various minor flaws in each study. But they all point to the same conclusion. 

Sorry but facts don't lie. 

It makes sense that a neurosurgeon would want a partner who doesn't cheat and your best chance for that is someone from a rural. Preferably someone with less education and a solid  religious foundation. So I certainly agree that adjusting your residency rankings accordingly would be a good idea.
(01-23-2022, 11:53 PM)Guest Wrote: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archi...ss/573493/

https://www.focusonthefamily.com/marriag...f-divorce/

I'm sure you can look and pinpoint various minor flaws in each study. But they all point to the same conclusion. 

Sorry but facts don't lie. 

It makes sense that a neurosurgeon would want a partner who doesn't cheat and your best chance for that is someone from a rural. Preferably someone with less education and a solid  religious foundation. So I certainly agree that adjusting your residency rankings accordingly would be a good idea.

Lololol bro at this point Im more worried that you don’t know what is the meaning of the word “study”. At the very least, your bar for scientific “fact” is super low. The Atlantic article straight up mentions that the “finding” isn’t peer reviewed… the author admits that it’s just a blog post about a dubiously worded survey LMAO. Some real minor flaws eh? Did the pretty graph draw you in? And get this, that “study” even found that higher education is “linked” to higher marital happiness bahahah. 

Anyway, I can see that you’re here to peddle some agenda given that your strongest source yet citing some obscure studies with little explanation of how they got their results is by the Focus on The Family org - an American fundamentalist Christian organization “dedicated to helping families thrive” (as long as the families fit their notion of families though right… wink wink). Happy to listen to the facts though and be proved wrong if you’d like to walk us through one of those studies. After all, facts don’t care about feelings right, guy?

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)